Upcoming SEC Seminar and Dinner Meeting –
Forensic Geology, Concrete Petrography & Interesting Case Studies Including an Ancient Mystery
Presentation by Scott Wolter, PG | American Petrographic Services
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from the firsthand experience of Scott Wolter, PG, a highly-regarded materials forensic geologist, professional petrographer, and host of The History Channel’s America Unearthed series. Scott will explain what you need to know about General Petrography and Related Concrete Testing, and also explore details a Murder Case using Petrography; and other case studies including pyrrhotite.
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Courtyard by Marriott Cromwell
4 Sebethe Dr
Cromwell, CT 06416
REGISTRATION INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Welcome to the Structural Engineers Coalition Web site. The SEC is a Coalition of the American Council of Engineering Companies of Connecticut (ACEC/CT).
This Coalition is established to pursue the common interests of firms who practice structural engineering and who are members of American Council Of Engineering Companies of Connecticut (ACEC/CT) or Individual Members. Specific interests include:
- To advance the technical practice of structural engineers through meetings, seminars, and educational programs.
- To improve the professional, business and administrative practice of structural engineering firms.
- To advance proper legislation affecting structural engineering practice.
- To establish a network among the members of the Coalition to communicate information of common interests to structural engineers.
- To cultivate social contacts within its membership, and by closer association and a better mutual understanding, discourage unethical and detrimental practice, and inspirit a resolve to act collectively to benefit our profession.
- To encourage the pursuit of excellence in our practice, to maintain the honor and dignity of our profession, and to serve the public.
- To serve as spokesman to the public on matters of structural engineering.