Upcoming SEC Seminar and Holiday Dinner Meeting –
Mass Timber: A New Paradigm, presented by Tanya Luthi.
December 12, 2018, 5:30 PM
New Haven Lawn Club, 193 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT
Mass Timber: A New Paradigm:
As concerns about climate change mount and designers seek more sustainable ways to build, there has been a resurgence of interest in building large-scale urban buildings with timber. After a brief look back at the history of wood as a structural material, this talk will explore the opportunities and challenges of modern mass timber building systems. Worth 1 NYS Education Credit.
5:30 – 6:30 pm – Registration, Social Hour, Hors D’Oeuvers & OPEN BAR
6:30 – 7:30 pm – Dinner
7:30 – 9:00 pm – Program
Wood Products Council
**PLEASE REGISTER BY DECEMBER 7TH**
Welcome to the Structural Engineers Coalition Web site. The SEC is a Coalition of the American Council of Engineering Companies of Connecticut (ACEC/CT).
This Coalition is established to pursue the common interests of firms who practice structural engineering and who are members of American Council Of Engineering Companies of Connecticut (ACEC/CT) or Individual Members. Specific interests include:
- To advance the technical practice of structural engineers through meetings, seminars, and educational programs.
- To improve the professional, business and administrative practice of structural engineering firms.
- To advance proper legislation affecting structural engineering practice.
- To establish a network among the members of the Coalition to communicate information of common interests to structural engineers.
- To cultivate social contacts within its membership, and by closer association and a better mutual understanding, discourage unethical and detrimental practice, and inspirit a resolve to act collectively to benefit our profession.
- To encourage the pursuit of excellence in our practice, to maintain the honor and dignity of our profession, and to serve the public.
- To serve as spokesman to the public on matters of structural engineering.