CT Licensing and Testing

The State of Connecticut recognizes the Professional Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T) and Professional Engineer license. As with a majority of states Connecticut does not currently recognize or require the Structural Engineering (S.E.) license to practice structural engineering.

Applications are processed and granted by the Connecticut State Department of Consumer Protection and reviewed by the State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. The required testing for each license is administered twice a year by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) which shares the results with the Connecticut licensing board. Please use the links below:

  • Required testing from NCEES

A Coalition of the American Council of Engineering Companies of Connecticut